Social Welfare Department Govt, of Manipur is one of the most important Department which deals directly the citizen of Manipur.
The District Social Welfare Officer Kangpokpi implementing the following schemes under the guidance of social Welfare Department, Govt of Manipur as given below:
- Manipur old Age Person Scheme (MOAPs)
- National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP)
What is NSAP?
National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) is a social security/social welfare programme applicable to old aged, widows, disabled persons and bereaved families on death of primary bread winner, belonging to below poverty line household.
NSAP comprises five sub-schemes:
- Indira Gandhi National Old age Pension Scheme(IGNOAPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Schemes(IGNWPS)
- Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension Scheme(IGNDPS)
- National Family Benefit Scheme(NFBS)
- Annapurna Scheme.